Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life with 3 under 5!

Everyone is well again. Or so I thought. ;(
Now the sickness has made its way to mommy. I have a sore throat, swollen glands, and the chills ;( no bueno. Oh well, I'll survive.

Now that Chris is back at work and the kids are back to their normal, obnoxious selves, the transition from two kids to three kids is really setting in. eek! I'm not going to sugar coat it. It's difficult. I don't know how moms with more than 3 do it. Addy keeps me on my toes. She's at that "I want to get into everything and climb on everything" stage. She's the one who really needs all the supervision. Rowen is super easy. He loves to play outside. He has four buddies that he plays with on a regular basis and they all live on our cul-de-sac.
Jack has his moments of neediness, but really he just wants to eat, poop, sleep, and swing.

We finally got a gate at the top of the stairs now. So now we have one both at the top and bottom. Addy can go up the stairs just fine, but she doesn't know how to go down.
So now that i'm not hugely preggers anymore and I can actually go up and down the steps with ease, we moved all the kids stuff upstairs. All of the legos and race cars and blocks are all upstairs and I can walk around my living room without stepping on them. ;)
Now I have my sanity back. My living room is mine again ;)
We moved the big T.V. up to mine and Chris's room with the Wii and dvd player hooked up. As well as the big overstuffed chair. (which is the best nursing chair ever)
When I need a break from the kiddos, I put the gate up and leave them be to the upstairs where their toys and cartoons are kept.
I was iffy at first leaving Addy upstairs by herself, but she does pretty well actually and our house is completely baby proof. She actually enjoys the freedom. I thought she would just stand at the gate and cry but I think she really enjoys playing in her room, which she wasn't able to do before. She runs from her bedroom to brothers bedroom to our bedroom. Occasionally she'll stop at the top of the steps and yell "mama!" and then throw a toy down the steps. Grr!
Rowen doesn't last very long. Probably because Addy terrorizes him.

I have my hubby to thank for helping with the whole arrangement of moving stuff around. All in one afternoon, he moved a huge t.v. and overstuffed chair out from the shed and up the stairs. He went and picked up a couch from a friend and brought it in the house, took an entertainment center from the living room to the garage and also moved two dressers for me. All before going to work at 2:30. He's pretty awesome. ;)

Speaking of awesome... Chris made the squadron football team! ;) I hear he's pretty good and although I've been to all of the games so far and one practice, I haven't actually been able to pay attention to the games. Addy sees and open field and just runs. So i spend most of my time chasing her ;-/ He did score a touchdown at the game last night though. I didn't see it, but everyone else did ;)

More awesomeness... Chris's promotion ceremony is this Thursday. I'm pretty excited to see him get his new stripes tacked on.:) I think I'll bake some chocolate chip cookies to pass out to everyone. ;)



Here are a few pictures that I took from this past week.

Baby boy

This is what our Sunday mornings look like ;)


Addy is really into buckles now.

At the football game

Rowen pretending he's an airplane

I bought this off of Carseatcanopy.com. I love it.

So does Jack ;)

This is what happens to my living room when I'm gone and daddy's home with the kids ;)

little stinker!


No comments:

Post a Comment