Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sick Baby ;(

My poor Rowen is sick. He has Croup and an ear infection in his right ear. We were at St. Louis Children's hospital for 5 hours yesterday evening. ;( Not fun. Luckily I remembered to put fresh batteries in his Leap Pad. He was pretty content with playing games and watching the only movie he has on there. I swear the kid has that leap frog alphabet movie memorized. Anyway, they gave him steroids and 3 breathing treatments while we were there. I gave him two breathing treatments earlier that day. He's been sick with a cough and stuffy nose since last Thursday but the asthma and the difficulty breathing only started yesterday. The ER doctor said if he'd have gone any longer it would have turned into pneumonia. eek! They sent us home with more steroids to clear his airways and Amoxicillin to clear the ear infection. We're also continuing the Albuterol breathing treatments until this clears up as well.
I'm waiting to hear back from his doctor about a follow-up appointment. Hopefully we can see about getting the tube in his right ear replaced. Otherwise he's just going to continue getting sick and we CANNOT have that.
In other news, Jackson is doing well. However, he and I have not been seeing eye to eye with this sleep schedule issue. He sleeps all day and is up all night. You can imagine how exhausted I am with a sick 4 year old, a very well and hyper 15 month old and a newborn. ;-/ Oh well, such is life. Last night Jack only got up once. Hopefully it's a start to more rested nights for the both of us!
Jackson 2 week well baby check up is next Monday. I'm anxious to see how much fatter the little dude has gotten. He eats all the time! But otherwise he's a pretty happy little baby. ;)
Addy is warming up to him more and more. She loves leaving little slobbery kisses all over his head. He doesn't much like it but he doesn't complain to much. ;) She just recently started burping him. I'll be holding him over my shoulder and patting his back and she'll come up and try and do the same. Except her pats are more like violent blows. I have to grab her hand and help her pat his back gently. When I tell her that's too hard and she needs to do it soft, she'll realize she's hurt him and she'll start covering him in slobbery kisses. ;) She also like to give him his binky. Anytime she finds it she'll go searching for him and try and pop that thing in his mouth. She's not very gentle with that either, but we're working on it. She is quite the little helper though ;)
Chris goes back to work Monday. I'm VERY sad about this ;( Luckily he'll be working 2-10's so our mornings won't be so rough ;) I hate mornings.
Yesterday was Chris's 24th birthday. I had a little mini party planned for him as well as his favorite dinner. Unfortunately, I spent the evening in the ER with little man and our party plans didn't quite pan out as I had planned. Chris made dinner all by himself. Chicken Alfredo. It was quite delicious. I think he'll be making it from now on ;) He also baby wrangled Addy and Jack while we were gone. Thank goodness for free formula samples from the hospital ;) Howard, Shaley, and Chloe came over to celebrate with us. Howard had my cupcakes all ready and made by the time I got home. Bless his friggin heart. Shaley kept Addy quite occupied with tickles and laughter. We're pretty thankful we have such awesome friends. ;)
Okay, I think i'm done now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment