So good news... We're moving to Whiteman AFB! Yay! This is what we've been hoping for. Closer to friends and family. We'll be headed out of Scott AFB beginning of June and headed to Mississippi for two months of training at Keesler AFB. Chris will graduate from his training courses beginning of August and then we will make our way to our new home at Whiteman. Hopefully we'll be staying there for a good long while. Chris's family is in about 20 minutes away from Whiteman and my family is about an hour and a half away. Rowen is super excited about going back to Mississippi. Mostly because he wants to swim in the pool from our old apartment complex which I guess is what he remembers most about living in Mississippi. Never mind the huge ocean and all.
Rowen has made quite a bit of a turnaround lately. We were having troubles getting him to go #2 in the toilet. You wouldn't think that a 5year old would have issues with this. Apparently it's pretty common. After months of frustration, I turned to the internet. Yup, Google saved me from losing my mind. I stopped bugging Rowen about the whole thing. I stopped asking him if he needed to go. I stopped forcing him to sit on the toilet for 20 minutes at a time 20 times a day. I stopped flipping out about the whole thing. I told him that the ball was in his court. He could poop in the toilet or he could poop in his pants. Totally his choice. But if he was going to make the choice to poop in his pants, he was going to clean it up. The next day, he chose to poop in his pants. He cleaned it up and was not happy about it. He hasn't had an accident in his pants since.
Other than being fully potty trained, Rowen has become very helpful around the house. Especially helping Mommy with household tasks and occupying his brother and sister. Mommy recently got a new front loading washer and dryer and Rowen loves to help load and unload the clothes. He also helps with pouring in the soap. When he isn't inside helping mommy, or playing on his Nintendo DS, he's outside playing in the cul de sac with his buddies. He's also in pee-wee soccer every Saturday.
Addison is nearing 2 years old, and it sure is showing in her attitude. She's sassy. She's absolutely obsessed with mommy's makeup and rubbing it all over herself and the floor. She loves having her toenails painted. She's working on her last four teeth to pop in. She's a cuddler. She still loves her Frenn. She still loves Yo Gabba Gabba and cannot go to sleep without all of her YGG dolls. She's forming sentences. She can say "I want that", "I want a snack", "I pooped", and Chris's favorite sentence of hers "I gotta go pee!". She got that one from Rowen, who seems to think he needs to announce very loudly every time he has to pee.
Jackson is such a doll. He'll be 8 months old this week. He's sitting up by himself and reaching for objects and food. His tummy issues are almost completely gone. He still spits up every once and a while but nothing compared to before. If he cries, Chris or I can usually pinpoint exactly why. He's been sleeping through the night more and more. Occasionally he'll get up in the middle of the night for a feeding. But more nights than others, he's down between 8-9pm and up at 5am. Then back down around 6am. He's just all around a much happier, healthier baby. Chris and I are not the only ones who've noticed either... Addy and Rowen are drawn to Jackson. They're always down on the floor playing with him and making him laugh. Overall, a happy baby makes a happy household.
Chris is mostly working on getting sleep and out processing for our move. He's currently on the 1am -9am shift and it's awful. We never get any time together and he hardly sleeps. Next month is a regular 9am-5pm shift for him and I could not be happier.
I have been having some lower back pain for the past... well... for a really long time. Sometimes it's worse than others. Lately, it's been worse. I finally listened to my oh so loving husband and went the the ER this morning. They took X-Rays and saw that I have a problem with a disc. I'll know more once I see my doctor and possibly a specialist. I'm a little concerned that i'm already having these issues at such a young age but who knows, maybe a chiropractor can fix me in one session ;)
Anyways, thats what's been going on in the Steward/Harvey Household ;)
How exciting that you get to move closer home! We are going crazy over here worrying that we are going to have to move somewhere worse than Louisiana. I don't think we will get lucky and get anywhere even near as close to home as you guys though.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe how fast our kids are growing up, and I'm really looking forward to taking the kids to Keesler, but it's looking like we might not go until fall time. Darn.