Monday, December 31, 2012

ramblings of the new year.

It's been since Andre died that I've posted. Three months since he left us. Every day has been trying. Every day I have thought about him. Every day that I have missed him and wished for him to come back to us.

.
In 2012, I turned 23. Rowen turned 4 years old. Addy, 1 year and Jack was born on September 1st. Chris turned 24 on September 11th. Gretchen, our boxer, joined our family in late October.

2012 is the last year that I will carry a baby in my belly.

I realized recently that as Jack outgrows all his baby stuff... my home will not feel the same. What will I do without out baby swings and bouncers and bumbos and burp rags? Diapers, wipes, car seats... TOYS? All of these things litter my home. Every where you turn there is something for a baby.
Granted, it will be a long time before the toys are contained. And Jack still has a while before all of these things disappear from his daily needs.

But it will happen. It's inevitable. My kids will grow up. My kids ARE growing up.

2013 will be my last year of babyhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment