What an awesome first posting entry. =]
I have Rowen to thank, because not 10 minutes ago, he gave me the inspiration for this title...
Rowen is three. A little too young to be asking about penises and vaginas in my opinion.
Where did Rowen pick up the name pee-pee man? I have no clue. He came running into the kitchen one day holding his "pee-pee man" saying that it hurt. When I pulled down his pants and underwear, I found a little ant had attached itself to his pee-pee man.
I know, bummer right?
As it turns out, Rowen had just recently destroyed an ant hill with his toy cars...
Karma's a B.
Anyway, he's been calling it a pee-pee man ever since.
Addison, (2 months) has been growing like a weed in front of her young brothers eyes. And of course, he has questions.
For instance, "where is Addison's pee-pee man?" He asked during a diaper change.
I don't do well under pressure.
I realized then, that what I decided to tell him at that moment, he would forever correlate to what little girls have between their legs.
Still, the first thing that came to my mind was an episode of Scrubs where Elliot called vagina's, bajenga's.
So that's what I told my three year old; that little girls have bajenga's.
Now, Rowen uses these two names very freely. Too freely. In public, he'll point to a man or a woman and state whether they have a pee-pee man or a bajenga and he'll ask me if he's right. I'm not really sure what to tell him during those moments. I usually just change the subject.
A few minutes ago, the inspiration of this post, Rowen and I were sitting on the couch watching cartoons. I was sitting cross legged, Indian style, and Rowen decided he needed some place to put his sippy.
"I put my sippy next to your bajenga."
Thank you, Rowen.
Holy crap this is the funniest story ever! I can't wait to have stories like these to blog about!
ReplyDeleteBah ha ha hahahahahahahaha HA! Awesome first post :) Can't wait to read more :)
ReplyDelete