Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Snotty Face


Rowen has a cold. :( His nose is all runny and he's all clogged up and he overall just feels icky. 
However, there is one good thing about Rowen being sick... That sounds bad but really...
Rowen is normally so independent and loves to do things by himself. He is also at the age where cuddling with mom is "lame." 
But when Rowen is sick , he loves to cuddle and to be held. :)
Also, surprisingly, Rowen is nicer and a lot less demanding when he's sick. "Please" & "Thank you's" come so naturally. He's the perfect little gentleman when he is ill. 

A super sweet moment from Rowen today...
"this is the most bootiful baby I ever seen"... as he caresses Addison's little baby head. So sweet. I couldn't help but kiss his snot covered face :)

Speaking of Addison, she's teething. :( I seriously thought I had at least a couple more months until I had to endure the cranky, fussy, non-stop crying, clingy baby. 
But no. 
I literally cannot put her down or she cries her little baby eyes out. 
And she gets REALLY upset. Like, real baby tears stream down her cheeks. It's the saddest thing ever. 
She's still quite little. She normally sleeps through most of the day. Such as a two month old would. Today, she only slept for the few minutes she'd fall asleep on the boob. But as soon as I moved her to the crib or the swing, the tears poured. 
During Rowen's nap time, I tried laying her down on my bed with the fan on high, lights off, and blinds closed. It was peaceful and I wish I could have fallen asleep. But I  knew there was no point because in less than two hours, we'd be leaving for a dinner on base. 
She fell asleep laying next to me. I decided now would be a good time to enjoy a nice hot bath. I snuck out of bed and managed to run some bathwater without her waking. 
And then, as soon as I slipped in and relaxed all my muscles and bones and closed my eyes... 
They shot open to the sounds of her cries. 
My nice, hot, relaxing bath turned into a 3 minute tub hair-wash. 

Oh well. Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment