Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Welcome to NOLA!

This past weekend I was lucky enough to escape from the crazy in our tiny TLF apartment and make my way to New Orleans. :) 
I spent the weekend with an old childhood friend. And by that i mean my oldest childhood friend. Austyn and I grew up on the same street together during the early double digit years. We were inseparable. Until her family moved down to Nola. :( We've stayed in contact over the years but really have not spent any time together, until this weekend. It was crazy to see how we were both just the same as when we were young girls and it seemed like no time had passed at all. 
So the first night we really didn't doing much except talk and drink. Before we knew it, it was the wee hours of the morning and I'm not sure about her, but I was typsy.:) The next day, I was able to catch up with her mom and dad and toured the gorgeous house she grew up in. Later that evening Austyn, her brother, and her brothers girlfriend showed me a good time on Bourbon Street. CRAZINESS! We had talked about doing the Running with the Bulls with the derby girls that morning. Basically, you dress in all white with a touch of red and run from the derby girls and if they catch you, you get hit with a bat. We were too lazy and unmotivated to attend this early am event.  So instead we just went to the after party dressed as though we had run with the bulls. Austyn claims that we were impostors. So at some point during our adventure down Bourbon Street, she found a different derby girl or "bull" to spank us with a bat. Needless to say, I had way too much fun. If it hadn't been so hot, I would have had even more alcohol in my system and would have been wasted. Luckily, most of the alcohol sweated out of me and kept me just drunk enough. :)
After that we ate Beignets in the park. Probably my favorite part of the whole trip. Beignets are frigging delicious! 
The next morning we didn't do much but complain and pie out on the couch. We got to talking again. We talked about family back home and memories. We talked about Andre and her grandma who isn't doing so well. We talked about her paintings and her amazing photography skills. Did i mention she is an artist? and her husband? Actually her whole family are artists! They're all VERY good. Austyn was even selected to have a piece of her work displayed in the Ogden Museum. The print is beautiful and apparently it's a very big deal. :) 
I was lucky enough to convince her to be my photographer for mine and the hubby's "wedding/ceremony" that we're planning for the fall of 2015. 
When she brought me back to Biloxi, we picked up some Bootleggers Pizza and she FINALLY met Chris, Addy, and Jack. She also met Howard, Chris's best friend. 
I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend away but I was happy to be back with my little family. Now if only I had my ROWEN! I am missing him something fierce! Only 21 more days!












1 comment:

  1. I was so happy we could catch up too! Next time i will show you how to make beignets!
    I really wish I lived closer because I would totally nanny yours and Meg's babies! ;)

    ReplyDelete