3 weeks. That's how long we've been holed up in this tiny hotel room/apt in Mississippi. 6 weeks left and boy am I getting anxious to get out of here. I miss my dog. and my cat. I miss my family and friends. I miss my bed. I miss my pots and pans. I miss my sewing machine. I miss Addy and Jack's old sleep routine. I miss sleep. I miss my washer and dryer. I miss my car being conveniently parked right outside my house, rather than down 3 floors and across the street. Most of all, i miss my son.
The week before leaving Illinois for good, we spend a few days in Columbia to say goodbye to family and friends and to celebrate Addy's 2nd birthday. Rowen decided last minute to stay behind in Columbia and spend the summer with his best friend and cousin Kaiden. By last minute i mean last minute. The van was packed, we were all in the car and Uncle Jamal offered to watch him and we gave Rowen the choice to stay or go. He chose to stay. I was sad but relieved at the same time. I knew Rowen would have a blast spending every day for two months with Kaiden. If he had chosen to come with us, he'd be out of his mind bored in this tiny apt and would have driven me insane. When we go out and do fun things, I think of him and wish he was with us. But to be honest most of our time is in this apt. It's just too dang hot.
I'm anxious to get settled into our new home. But as the time draws near, I get a little more freaked out every day. There are still just so many unknowns. We don't have a house yet. We're waiting to hear from base housing as to whether or not they'll have one ready for us by the time we get there. Technically Chris doesn't have to report to duty until August 31st. However, Rowen is starting Kindergarten this year and as happy as i am for him, I'm cursing under my breath over the bad timing. His school starts August 15th. We may not have a place to live on base by then. In that case, they'll stick us in another TLF at Whiteman until a home opens up. I am freaking out. Not having a place to call home while Rowen takes off for his first day of school is not okay. This is a huge milestone and one I feel like i have no time to mentally or emotionally prepare myself for. We leave here the 7th, we'll arrive at Scott the 9th. We'll pick up our belongings and our cat and say our final goodbyes to our friends at Scott. We'll head to Columbia to pick up our dog and our kid. We'll head to Whiteman, probably the next day.. Hopefully with some moving help =) So that leaves us what two or three days out. So we'll get to Whiteman around the 10th? Possibly the 11th with wiggle room in case anything goes wrong. So that leaves me with less than 5 days to prepare myself for Rowen and the whole first day of school ordeal. 5 days to get settled in ( if we even have a home at that time), 5 days to take him school shopping.. 5 days to cry myself asleep at night because my firstborn is starting Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN!!! Maybe i'm being a bit of a drama queen because I haven't seen my boy in over 3 weeks, or maybe i'm literally going crazy in this little apartment and my emotions are all over the place. Whatever the reason, I am sure of one thing... I'm going to need to stock up on some wine. A lot of it.
<3
You do need wine. And I am sad to hear that it's only been 3 weeks so far. This is not looking good for us if we do have to come down en route. Hope everything works out for kindergarten! AHH!
ReplyDelete