Sunday, June 24, 2012

Bummed

I am stressing out. Addison has been suffering from this horrible diaper rash that just wont go away. Its been on and off for over a month and a half now. But most recently, she hasn't had a clear bum in over 2 weeks. I've tried everything. At first it was due to a virus that she caught which gave her diarrhea. That last about a week. That was rough. There were several sleepless nights of her just screaming bloody murder and not being able to find a comfortable position. Most nights she slept butt naked on a towel draped over me with a fan blowing right on her bum. The doctor recommended a mixture of cornstarch and vaseline. It worked... for a bit. We also got a prescription for Z cream but if her butt is blistered at all, we can't use it because it burns her bum. I've stopped giving her juice completely about a week and a half ago. She's been drinking whole milk since she was s10 months old so it's not the transfer from formula to whole milk. Not every dirty diaper is diarrhea but she is pooping like a newborn! She poops anywhere from 4-8 times a day. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. Tonight I threw out the cornstarch and vaseline and didn't dare touch her bum with the z cream, she's so blistered... I put some good ol fashion A&D on and i'm hopeful it'll work. ;-/

No comments:

Post a Comment